General Scope of Position
The Miramichi Salmon Association (MSA) is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to fill a part-time position within its fundraising and communications team for a 14-month term contract.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, your main priority will be to lead and administer all aspects of the MSA’s Event Fundraising Program, working closely with local volunteers to maximize event participation and revenue income, while ensuring positive Brand promotion and experience for attendees. As part of a small but collaborative team, you will also assist with daily office administration responsibilities.
Major Responsibilities/Work Experience
• As a confident and mature individual, you will provide sound input and leadership into the planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of all MSA fundraising and outreach events.
• Your positive and outgoing personality will allow you to work comfortably with Directors, volunteers and donors. This same asset will also ensure your success in identifying and recruiting new event volunteers and supporters.
• You’ve had experience in planning, coordinating and implementing special events, including responsibilities such as organizing/facilitation of local event planning meetings; developing event marketing plans; negotiating service provider contracts; securing required licenses & permits; producing event promotional materials; ticket sales and solicitation of prizes, donations, and sponsorships; and pre & post event record keeping.
• You have a proven track record of being able to work independently, without a lot of supervision, and you enjoy the challenges of having to balance and prioritize a broad and diverse work load.
• You are comfortable and confident in making cold calls and/or solicitations, giving public presentations and/or speaking at public events or forums.
• Work experience has taught you to exercise sound judgment, being both discreet and respectful of fundraising protocols and donor confidentiality.
• Being a team player means your flexibility and well-roundedness will easily accommodate your taking on other assigned duties and tasks as identified and requested by your supervisor.
• Finally, your appreciation for the need to sustain and conserve our wild and natural resources will serve to motivate and more personally engage you in this exciting professional position as well as within the broader conservation community that you will be working.
• Post-secondary diploma, preferably with a post-secondary degree, in a related field such as Business or Marketing, Public or Community Relations, Education, Event Planning, etc.
• Previous work experience with a charitable organization or community services group would be preferable, particularly in the areas of fundraising and/or client-membership relations.
• Strong computer and IT skills; proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, etc., as well as a working knowledge of web and social media platforms.
• Travel, occasionally requiring an overnight stay, is required: occasional weekend work is necessary.
• As a part-time position, you will have some flexibility regarding the days/hours you will work.
• Bilingualism an asset, but not required.
Term: This is expected to be a 30 hour/week position for a 14-month period, beginning April 3, 2018 and ending May 31, 2019
Location: Miramichi City (South Esk) or Fredericton NB
Compensation: A competitive hourly salary, based on experience and subject to performance reviews. No health or insurance benefits provided. No pension plan is offered.
Applications: Please submit your resume and salary expectations to: or mail to Miramichi Salmon Association, #485, Route 420, South Esk, NB E1V 4L9. Upon request, personal and/or professional references will be required.
Deadline: Applications must be received by no later than February 28, 2018.
MSA thanks you for your interest however will only be contacting those individuals it wishes to interview.