Join our team!
Finance and Administration Coordinator
For the past 65 years, the Miramichi Salmon Association (MSA) has watched over the Miramichi as a champion of conservation on behalf of anglers, outfitters, guides and all others with economic, environmental and recreational interests in the river. Managed by volunteers from Canada, the USA and abroad, as Officers and Directors, the MSA remains cooperative with, but independent of, government or special interest influence. It responds in the end only to its growing conservation membership.
The net result is a well-managed river system that today, thanks in part to the MSA’s championing of its cause, has more miles of salmon angling water and traditionally holds larger and healthier populations of Atlantic salmon than most salmon rivers in North America.
Mission Statement Global-class leadership, stewardship, and conservation practices for the Miramichi Watershed to continuously preserve and advance its environmental integrity for the benefit of all species, in particular the wild Atlantic salmon.
The MSA is seeking an individual to fill the role of Finance and Administration Coordinator duties noted below for the position.
- Bookkeeping – all aspects
- Coordinate and process payroll, vacation, health benefits, sick leave, etc. for all staff & seasonal employment
- Staff liaison to BOD Treasurer/Finance Committee
- Major Grant/Gift reporting
- Receive, deposit and then distribute Canadian & US contribution info
- Tax receipting
- Coordinate phone coverage & general office duties
- General support to Event & Membership programs
- Administration and coordination of all inquiries from financial and government agencies
- Reports to the President
- Diploma/Degree in a bookkeeping or accounting
- 1 Year of experience in a related field
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and database management
- Excellent Bookkeeping skills and knowledge
- Ability to accurately prepare budgets and financial reports
-Frequent travel is necessary and a valid driver’s licence and passport is required and you must be able to travel in the USA (a valid passport is necessary)
The position will begin immediately and will be based out of our Miramichi office in South Esk, NB. Please send your resume and cover letter detailing how you meet the qualifications to . before 4:30pm on Thursday, June 18th 2020. Competitive salary based on experience and abilities.