Join our team!
Administrative Assistant and Member Relations Clerk
For the past 65 years, the Miramichi Salmon Association (MSA) has watched over the Miramichi as a champion of conservation on behalf of anglers, outfitters, guides and all others with economic, environmental and recreational interests in the river. Managed by volunteers from Canada, the USA and abroad, as Officers and Directors, the MSA remains cooperative with, but independent of, government or special interest influence. It responds in the end only to its growing conservation membership.
The net result is a well-managed river system that today, thanks in part to the MSA’s championing of its cause, has more miles of salmon angling water and traditionally holds larger and healthier populations of Atlantic salmon than most salmon rivers in North America.
Mission Statement Global-class leadership, stewardship, and conservation practices for the Miramichi Watershed to continuously preserve and advance its environmental integrity for the benefit of all species, in particular the wild Atlantic salmon.
The MSA is seeking an individual to fill the role of Administrative Assistant and Member Relations Clerk duties noted below for the position.
Position: Administrative Assistant and Member Relations Clerk
Location: South Esk MSA Office, 485 Route 420, South Esk NB, E1V 4L9
Reporting and Supervision: President, MSA
Term: Full time for 6-month term position, with the possibility for extension.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Compensation: This position will pay $16.00 per hour.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform administrative duties including fielding general inquiries via telephone
and email, and other office duties
• Coordinate and manage membership renewals
• Coordinate and manage membership records
• Enter and update donor records
• Ensure programs Donor Perfect and Constant Contact are up to date
• Send information to members through email and mail (content will already be
• Update pre-developed content to social media platforms (e.g., Facebook,
• Arrange meetings for MSA staff and committees
• Participate in fundraising activities where needed
• Complete other assigned duties and responsibilities as identified by supervisor
The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail. The successful candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, familiar with social media posting, and able to schedule and organize meetings.