General Scope of Position
The Miramichi Salmon Association (MSA) is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to fill a part-time position (approx. 10/hrs per week) within its fundraising and communications team for a 14-month term contract.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, you will be responsible for effectively communicating the organization's mission, key messaging and overall program of work and achievements through management of the MSA website, social media platforms, email marketing, media relations, and other general marketing and communications initiatives as assigned. As part of a small but collaborative team, you will also assist with daily office administration responsibilities.
Major Responsibilities/Work Experience
- Your experience and skill set in the area of communications will serve you well as you regularly update and maintain the MSA website, manage MSA’s various social media platforms and make regular coordinated postings to each.
- Your creative thinking and excellent writing skills will help you design, edit and circulate compelling issues of The Leaper (MSA’s monthly e-Newsletter) as well as other print & electronic Event and Membership marketing materials.
- A good eye and ear will aid you in taking exceptional photos, recording interesting video and capturing compelling testimonials for use in marketing and communication campaigns.
- As a means of measuring effort and results, you’ll be able to prepare monthly statistics/analytics related to the MSA website, e-Newsletters, and social media pages.
- You have a proven track record of being able to work independently, without a lot of supervision, and you enjoy the challenges of having to balance and prioritize a broad and diverse work load.
- You are comfortable and confident in making cold calls and/or solicitations, giving public presentations and/or speaking at public events or forums.
- Being a team player means your flexibility and well-roundedness will easily accommodate your taking on other assigned duties and tasks as identified and requested by your supervisor.
- Finally, your appreciation for the need to sustain and conserve our wild and natural resources will serve to motivate and more personally engage you in this exciting professional position as well as within the broader conservation community that you will be working.
- Post-secondary diploma, preferably with a post-secondary degree, in a related field such as Communications, Public or Community Relations, Business, etc.
- Previous work experience with a charitable organization or community services group would be preferable, particularly in the areas of communications and/or donor relations.
- Strong computer and IT skills; proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, etc.,
- Experience in social media management, including working with a website management platform such as WordPress, would be a definite asset.
- Experience working with email marketing software, such as Constant Contact or Mail Chimp, would also be a positive asset.
- Travel, occasionally requiring an overnight stay is required: occasional weekend work is necessary.
- As a part -time position, you will have some flexibility regarding the days/hours you will work.
- Bilingualism an asset, but not required.
Term: This is expected to be a 10 hour/week position for a 14-month period, beginning April 3, 2018 and ending May 31, 2019
Location: Miramichi City (South Esk)
Compensation: A competitive hourly salary, based on experience and subject to performance reviews. No health or insurance benefits provided. No pension plan is offered.
Applications: Please submit your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Miramichi Salmon Association, #485, Route 420, South Esk, NB E1V 4L9. Upon request, personal and/or professional references will be required.
Deadline: Applications must be received by no later than March 2, 2018.
The MSA thanks your in advance for your interest, however will only be contacting those individuals it wishes to interview.