Job Title: Seasonal Field Technician
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020
Job Description: The Miramichi Salmon Association (MSA) has an immediate opening for a seasonal field technician (6 Months). The field technician will report to the MSA biologist and conduct field activities in support of the MSA conservation programs. The position will require working in remote areas and in all weather conditions. It also requires travel, physical work and working weekends (evenings and nights), depending on program requirements.
The candidate must be in good physical condition, be able to wade in swift water, and operate scientific equipment such as; electrofishers, oxygen meters, GPS instruments, electronic balances, PIT tag detectors and other related equipment. The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate an outboard motor. They also must be able to properly handle fish and work well with others. Chain saw operation and first aid is an asset.
The candidate must possess a High school Diploma or GED plus a minimum of 2 years of post-secondary education in a related field of study. They must be proficient in the English language and have excellent computer and internet skills. The field technician must have a positive, outgoing personality and get along with staff and volunteers, as well as the general public.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing and implementing spring, summer, and fall field programs
- Supervising summer students and volunteers
- General maintenance of equipment
- Operation of vehicles in company yard as well as in the field
- Observe and follow safety protocols in addition to utilizing personal protective equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid driver’s license
- High school Diploma or GED plus a minimum of 2 years of post-secondary education in a related field of study
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and terrain
- Physically fit and capable of doing field work in a safety conscious manner
- Strong communication skills
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card
Job Start Date: May
To apply for this position please send your resume and cover letter to Kelsey McGee at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (506) 622-4000.