For the past 65 years, the Miramichi Salmon Association (MSA) has watched over the Miramichi as a champion of conservation on behalf of anglers, outfitters, guides and all others with economic, environmental and recreational interests in the river. Managed by volunteers from Canada, the USA and abroad, as Officers and Directors, the MSA remains cooperative with, but independent of, government or special interest influence. It responds in the end only to its growing conservation membership.
The net result is a well-managed river system that today, thanks in part to the MSA’s championing of its cause, has more miles of salmon angling water and traditionally holds larger and healthier populations of Atlantic salmon than most salmon rivers in North America.
Mission Statement Global-class leadership, stewardship, and conservation practices for the Miramichi Watershed to continuously preserve and advance its environmental integrity for the benefit of all species, in particular the wild Atlantic salmon.
The MSA is seeking an individual to fill the role of vice-president for a period of time of mentoring (under one year) and then assume the additional responsibilities as president, duties noted below for the position.
The Vice-President role:
- Supervise and grow all aspects of Fundraising, Membership and Communications
- Manage Director Relations including all BOD functions
- Coordinate staff liaison to BOD Committees
- Major Gifts – identification, solicitation & stewardship
- Grow Planned Giving/Legacy Gift program
- Work with MSA US to bolster US membership & revenue generation
- Identify and develop ‘New Revenue’ streams
- Direct special projects & communication initiatives
- Create compelling sales & marketing materials (awards, brochures, Annual Report, etc.)
- Supervise ‘Brand’ and ‘Corporate Messaging’ (especially across our Communications platforms)
- Reports to the President
The additional leadership responsibilities of President will include:
- Human resources
- Organizational direction & supervision
- Finance & Budget oversight
- Hatchery & property oversight
- ‘Conservation Programs’ oversight
- BOD governance/management
- Partner Relations (NBSC, MWMC, MREAC, etc.)
- Government Relations (First Nations, Federal, Provincial, Local, etc.)
- Official media spokesperson for the organization
- University Degree in a relevant field
- 5+ Years of experience in a Leadership Role
- 5+ years of experience in a Supervisory Role
- Experience with Public Relations and Communications
- Experience in Fundraising and Generating Revenue
- Experience Building Relationships with government and Private Sector
- Experience with Budgeting
- Valid Passport
- A Passion for Atlantic salmon conservation
- Experience building relationships with First Nations considered an asset
- Experience in a Not-for-Profit Environment
- Competency in French an assest
- Human Resource Experience
- Experience with Not-for-Profit Board Governance
- Frequent travel is necessary and a valid driver’s licence and passport is required and you must be able to travel in the USA
The position will begin in September/October 2019 and will be based out of our Miramichi office in South Esk, NB. *There is a 3-month probation period to assess the candidate’s suitability to perform the duties assigned and to assess whether there is a capacity to assume additional responsibilities that are required.
There is a competitive salary (starting at $60,000 to $70,000 depending on experience that will be re-assessed after the 3 month probation period) and a health benefit package that begins 3 months after start of employment.
Closing date for applications now extended to August 30, 2019 at 4:30 pm. Send applications to email@example.com.